It's a New Day Blog
It’s the first day of 2017 and I decided to forgo all of those
resolutions that never seem to make it past January anyway and concentrate on
what I want out of this phase of my life.
Simply put, I want the freedom that
comes with owning MY own
- Not working today - no problem.
- Work 12 hours today because you ain’t working tomorrow - no
- Commute - Yes, from my bedroom, to the kitchen, to my office.
- Take your grand baby to work today – every day.
- Know that there is much more to life than what you see - grab
your laptop and work from anywhere.
- Family members with fragile health - these days must be their
- Bosses with personality or favoritism issues, lack of
experience or poor people skills - no problem, they’re history.
- Knowing that your successes or failures are totally up to you
– scary but amazing.
- Creating your own definition of wealth - everything is possible.
So for this first day of 2017, I needed to remember why this
dream was important to me in the first place. As long as I keep remembering,
these drivers will get me to the finish line.
- I am refocused and recommitted.
- I know that if it is to be - it is up to me.
- I understand that just because it may not come easy, does not
mean I am on the wrong path. I just
have to work harder.
- I understand that failure is part of this process.
- I will keep remembering.
So for 2017, give yourself permission to dream big, stay
encouraged and hopeful, have faith, work hard and never give up.
Keep it moving, that’s what I plan to do.